Many of businesses are looking for All-in-one insurance package. A package that is tailored to your company is able to protect it from shortcomings and financial strain. What’s more, a one-stop-shop for reliable insurance saves time and money.
Commercial business insurance provides wide-ranging protection for businesses and their subsidiaries under a single policy. There are various types of commercial business insurance that takes care of property, liability and workers’ compensation, to name a few. While property insurance covers damages to business property and products stored within the premises; liability insurance provides coverage for damages to third parties; and workers’ compensation insurance covers injuries to employees.
Commercial business insurance is an important aspect of any business that cannot be ignored especially if the business premises are leased or rented and even otherwise. Whatever your commercial insurance needs, we can design a protection program that’s right for you.
- Commercial Property Insurance
- General Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Commercial Automobile Insurance
- Professional Liability (E&O) Insurance
Commercial Property Insurance can help you recover from disasters that may jeopardize your business assets and properties. The covered events include vandalism, theft, windstorms, or fire depending on the policy coverage provided by the insurance company. The payout from your Commercial Property Insurance Policy can replace or repair items such as equipment, inventory, furniture, computers and even the office building itself.
Many of the policies in Commercial Property Insurance also include the Business Interruption Insurance which covers up to 12 months of income lost when certain events forced your business operation to be put on hold. For example, if a fire has destroyed your workplace, this kind of insurance can pay the ongoing costs that will keep your business afloat even if it can’t produce revenue.
We provide commercial insurance coverage for all types of commercial property insurance and related risks including:
- Apartment Building Insurance – Including Condominium and Coop complexes. Packages include loss of rent /loss of income insurance.
- Commercial Office Building Insurance– Coverage for all types and all sizes of office buildings, including Commercial /Residential Mixed Use building insurance.
- Warehouse Insurance – Commercial Insurance Coverage for the premises along with the stored contents and operations.
- Manufacturer Insurance – Tailored packages to properly protect your manufacturing facilities. Product Liability Insurance can be included.
Normally, it is difficult for businesses or general contractors to work without general insurance. General liability insurance is intended to guard operators and owners of companies from claims that may come from a broad spectrum of sources. These exposures could be just about anything, including liability engendered by accidents from the operations of the insured party, contractual liability, products manufactured by the insured party, etc.
General Liability pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations.
Broad Range of General Liability Protection:
Bodily Injury, including the cost of care, the loss of services, and the restitution for any death that results from injury
Property Damage coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
Products-Completed Operations provides liability protection (damages and legal expenses up to your policy's limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided
Products Liability is a more specialized product liability insurance that protects your company against lawsuits from product-related injury or accidents
Contractual Liability extends to any liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts
Other coverage includes: Reasonable Use of Force; Borrowed Equipment; Liquor Liability; Non-Owned Vehicles (such as aircraft and watercraft); Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage; Water Damage Liability Protection; Legal Defense Costs; Medical Payments; Personal Injury; Advertising Injury; and specialized liability protection for specific business types
Workers Compensation Insurance, also known as “Workers Comp” is a state-mandated insurance program that consists of payments required by law for the employees who become disabled or injured in connection with their profession. The state and federal government also offer their own workers compensation insurance for their employees however each individual state has their own insurance program for workers compensation. In most situations, the injured employees are guaranteed to receive workers compensation regardless of who was at fault for injury. Because workers compensation benefits serve as an insurance type, they prevent the employees from suing their employers for injuries covered.
We have the expertise and resources to properly assess your company's mandatory workers' comp insurance requirements and place workers' compensation insurance coverage throughout carriers.
We provide employer' liability / workers' compensation insurance coverage for all types of businesses including:
- Retail Store/ Wholesale Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Contractor' Workers' Compensation Insurance – for all classes of Contractors including Carpentry, Masonry, Painting, Roofing, Electrical,Landscaping, and Mechanical.
- Restaurant Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Trucking and Transportation Companies Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Programmer and Computer Consultant Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Small Business Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Workers' Compensation for New Businesses and New Ventures – No problem! No Prior Commercial Insurance Requirements necessary!
- Disability Insurance – save on your statutory disability insurance costs! Most state laws require that businesses carry both Workers' Compensation Insurance and Disability Insurance for their employees. North Star Insurance has the expertise and carrier resources to save your company money on group disability insurance coverage
Whether your organization rarely drives for business or driving is your business, commercial auto insurance is needed. As many personal auto insurance policies do not provide any coverage for business-related incidents and journeys, a commercial auto policy must be attained to protect a business from certain risks and exposures on the roads in Queens, New York and elsewhere.
A quality policy will be able to protect your business when:
- Your business leases or owns vehicles
- Employees drive vehicles belonging to the business
- You drive non-employees in the vehicle for business activities
With reliable commercial auto insurance, you can safeguard your company from property loss, expensive claims, and financial strain.
We provide commercial auto insurance for ALL TYPES of cars, truck and corporate fleets including:
- Small Business – Commercial Auto Insurance Policies including Pickup, Van and Box Truck Insurance.
- Trucking Insurance – Short and Long Haul, with Cargo and Trucker's Liability Insurance Coverage, and Trucker's Workers Compensation Insurance.
- Paratransit and Emergency Vehicle Commercial, including Ambulance Insurance and Commercial Auto Insurance.
- Bus Insurance – Including Coach/ Charter, School and Church Bus Insurance.
- Taxi, Limo, and Car Service Insurance along with passengers shuttles and other for-hire auto insurance categories
Professional liability insurance, otherwise known as errors and omissions insurance, will protect you if your business is held liable for financial loss or other damages due to negligence or failure to perform services correctly. For accountants, attorneys, architects, counselors, engineers, management, business consultants, technology companies, and more, this coverage saves you financial hardship.
Even though you plan and execute business operations with diligence and expertise, are you prepared for unforeseen circumstances? In the real world, miscalculations, omissions, and accidents are easy to make. If your business was to make a mistake like this, a hefty lawsuit could come your way. Businesses that require specialized knowledge have a much higher risk of getting sued over an error or omission.
We specializes in professional liability insurance for:
- Architects– Professional liability insurance for architects and design firms is one of the most important forms of insurance coverage these types of organizations can invest in.
- Construction Managers– We provide coverage for construction professionals for both managers and "at risk" design and build firms.
- Computer and Tech Consulting Companies– Professional liability insurance is a requirement for most programming contracts. We can packaged professional liability insurance with general liability and workers compensation insurance for companies like these.